Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Romance II

That night changed everything for me. He picked me up from my house. I walked out the door in a tunic dress, leather jacket and knee high black boots. It was appropriate because the fall weather was all around us . When he saw me he immediately jumped out of the car. He couldn't contain his excitement. He grabbed my hand and he kissed me for a long time. Out on the street, just like that not caring who saw us or what happened next. It's one of the those moments  I'll always cherish because it was so fleeting but you feel so goddamn alive. The world melted away for a couple seconds. He had just gotten off work and hadn't had time to shower. His hair was in a cute adorable mess since his usual hat was gone. He was wearing a cropped white t-shirt, slightly loose work jeans streaked with white paint and timberland boots. We drove through the city on a Friday night shockingly the roads were clear. The flashing and glittering city lights and skyscrapers that passed us while we cranked up the radio. I was riding on a wave of complete euphoria when I look back it at all. He stopped at his favorite wings and ribs joint to pick up some take out for dinner. We arrived at his apartment around 8 :00 p.m. His apartment was a decent size. What struck me about his apartment was I could really tell he didn't have a woman in his life. I felt sadness for a moment. I mean the way a woman would keep a house is completely different than your average male. All the furniture and necessary things were there but it wasn't a whole lot of decorating decision making going on. We went back to the couch. He puts a movie on. The food is still sitting on the table....( check back for part III...)

2 comments: